Different Flags by Eugenia Renskoff

Different Flags, a book by Eugenia Renskoff, tells the story of 26-year-old Ani. Ani leaves her comfortable but stifling life in San Francisco to travel to Argentina to comfort her widowed Aunt Esther. Once back in her native country, Ani must face her unexpected feelings of love for Padre Luis, her aunt's young and handsome parish priest. Different Flags is a study of Ani's inner conflict.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am a writer, translator and teacher of Spanish and English to foreign students. I have been writing since I was six. I love to express myself through words. I have also traveled widely.

Sunday, January 02, 2005

I don' t want to

What does I don't want to do it say about the decision that must be taken soon, probably this coming week? I don't want to and yet I'll have to. Like other times, it seems that I'll have no choice, not a good one anyway. Sometimes I think that something is indeed breaking down and falling apart (just like an old car) but I don't see the new model anywhere. This new unwanted decision will harm me. I don't want to take it. I wish I didn't have to say :Yes, I'll do it.
I care what happens to me. For the first time in ages, I care. That's why I only want good things from now on and this decision isn't a good one. It's not really in my best interests. The decision is similar to the "I've been there, done that" decisions of the past. This is now. Before must go and never come back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home