Different Flags by Eugenia Renskoff

Different Flags, a book by Eugenia Renskoff, tells the story of 26-year-old Ani. Ani leaves her comfortable but stifling life in San Francisco to travel to Argentina to comfort her widowed Aunt Esther. Once back in her native country, Ani must face her unexpected feelings of love for Padre Luis, her aunt's young and handsome parish priest. Different Flags is a study of Ani's inner conflict.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am a writer, translator and teacher of Spanish and English to foreign students. I have been writing since I was six. I love to express myself through words. I have also traveled widely.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Few Words

My Tia is a woman of very few words. Today I was worried about her and I asked her if she wanted to talk, but all she said was: No es nada. No pasa nada. And that isn't true. Something's going on. Things have happened to her lately: she's lost her husband of many years, her savings are no more and now the landlady wants her out. I want her to trust me. Maybe it's her upbringing, the Argentininan version of the British stiff upper lip way, that makes her the way she is. She's not alone anymore, but will that help?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home