Different Flags by Eugenia Renskoff

Different Flags, a book by Eugenia Renskoff, tells the story of 26-year-old Ani. Ani leaves her comfortable but stifling life in San Francisco to travel to Argentina to comfort her widowed Aunt Esther. Once back in her native country, Ani must face her unexpected feelings of love for Padre Luis, her aunt's young and handsome parish priest. Different Flags is a study of Ani's inner conflict.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am a writer, translator and teacher of Spanish and English to foreign students. I have been writing since I was six. I love to express myself through words. I have also traveled widely.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Thunderstruck one summer afternoon

He couldn't move. He stared at her not believing she was really there. The day was sunny, but the temperature had dropped quite a bit. It had been 10 years. The last time he'd seen her had been 10 years ago. And he couldn't do anything except deny it all, deny it to himself, deny it to her. She wasn't there, she wasn't really there. Neither was he.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home