Different Flags by Eugenia Renskoff

Different Flags, a book by Eugenia Renskoff, tells the story of 26-year-old Ani. Ani leaves her comfortable but stifling life in San Francisco to travel to Argentina to comfort her widowed Aunt Esther. Once back in her native country, Ani must face her unexpected feelings of love for Padre Luis, her aunt's young and handsome parish priest. Different Flags is a study of Ani's inner conflict.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am a writer, translator and teacher of Spanish and English to foreign students. I have been writing since I was six. I love to express myself through words. I have also traveled widely.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Call from San Francisco

January 8, 1983: Last night my father called unexpectedly from San Francisco. Wanted to know how I was, when I'd be coming back. I didn't tell him that things would have to be different if I do decide to go back. They'd have to be livelier, more vibrant. I realize now that so far I've lived my life like an old-fashioned grandmother in her late 70s. Not that the grandmothers around here are old-fashioned. In fact, they're quite modern.
But I'm 26, about to turn 27. There's still time for me to be young.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home