Different Flags by Eugenia Renskoff

Different Flags, a book by Eugenia Renskoff, tells the story of 26-year-old Ani. Ani leaves her comfortable but stifling life in San Francisco to travel to Argentina to comfort her widowed Aunt Esther. Once back in her native country, Ani must face her unexpected feelings of love for Padre Luis, her aunt's young and handsome parish priest. Different Flags is a study of Ani's inner conflict.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am a writer, translator and teacher of Spanish and English to foreign students. I have been writing since I was six. I love to express myself through words. I have also traveled widely.

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Other Ways

M;arch 9, 1983: I wish my mother could buy my Tia a small apt. here in San Vicente. Maybe she could even buy this one (at a fair price) from the landlady. Wouldn´t want my mother to pay more than what this is worth just because she has the all-powerful dollar. My Tia could then spend the rest of her life near her neighbors and I could move to another place so I wouldn´t run into Padre Luis as much. I seem to bump into him even when I don´t want to. The feelings I have for him still scare me and I don´t know where they´d lead me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home