Different Flags by Eugenia Renskoff

Different Flags, a book by Eugenia Renskoff, tells the story of 26-year-old Ani. Ani leaves her comfortable but stifling life in San Francisco to travel to Argentina to comfort her widowed Aunt Esther. Once back in her native country, Ani must face her unexpected feelings of love for Padre Luis, her aunt's young and handsome parish priest. Different Flags is a study of Ani's inner conflict.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am a writer, translator and teacher of Spanish and English to foreign students. I have been writing since I was six. I love to express myself through words. I have also traveled widely.

Sunday, May 01, 2005

New Beginning?

May 1, 1983: My Tia seems to be happier, less worried these days. She doesn´t mention my uncle as often as she used to, which leads me to believe that her period of mourning might be almost over. In a way, I´m glad. She´s been through a lot, not only now but when she was a young married woman. My Tia was the practical one, while my Uncle Juan was the non-conformist, the bohemian. I remember my mother telling me that my Tia had to become the head of the household for a while.
I loved my uncle, but I would want my husband and me to have an equal relationship.A 50-50 sort of thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home