Different Flags by Eugenia Renskoff

Different Flags, a book by Eugenia Renskoff, tells the story of 26-year-old Ani. Ani leaves her comfortable but stifling life in San Francisco to travel to Argentina to comfort her widowed Aunt Esther. Once back in her native country, Ani must face her unexpected feelings of love for Padre Luis, her aunt's young and handsome parish priest. Different Flags is a study of Ani's inner conflict.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am a writer, translator and teacher of Spanish and English to foreign students. I have been writing since I was six. I love to express myself through words. I have also traveled widely.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Lawyers

March 14, 1984: The law building of San Tomas! This is it and we are about to begin our journey with all this law thing. We have had nothing to do with lawyers, and it´s not an easy thing. New terminology, new way of looking at the way we are and are supposed to be. My Tia squeezed my hand hard. The judge looks grim and Matilde´s lawyer is wearing an expensive raccoon coat. Too bad the landlady is well to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home