Different Flags by Eugenia Renskoff

Different Flags, a book by Eugenia Renskoff, tells the story of 26-year-old Ani. Ani leaves her comfortable but stifling life in San Francisco to travel to Argentina to comfort her widowed Aunt Esther. Once back in her native country, Ani must face her unexpected feelings of love for Padre Luis, her aunt's young and handsome parish priest. Different Flags is a study of Ani's inner conflict.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am a writer, translator and teacher of Spanish and English to foreign students. I have been writing since I was six. I love to express myself through words. I have also traveled widely.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Interests

February 28, 1985: I a m boiling mad! Other people have their agendas. Where does that leaves us, my Tia and me? It looks like others are protecting their own interests, their own little worlds as well as their pots of money. That is just dandy. Fine. I saw it today when the landlord came again with the new lease. We have no one to advise us.
Who protects us? Who cares what happens to us? Sometimes I wish I had not started this growing up thing. I see so much that is self serving and so very little that is actuaaly nice and warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home