Different Flags by Eugenia Renskoff

Different Flags, a book by Eugenia Renskoff, tells the story of 26-year-old Ani. Ani leaves her comfortable but stifling life in San Francisco to travel to Argentina to comfort her widowed Aunt Esther. Once back in her native country, Ani must face her unexpected feelings of love for Padre Luis, her aunt's young and handsome parish priest. Different Flags is a study of Ani's inner conflict.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am a writer, translator and teacher of Spanish and English to foreign students. I have been writing since I was six. I love to express myself through words. I have also traveled widely.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

What Ani Wants

Ani is a loving and naive young woman. She cares about her Tia Esther very much, and she cares about herself, her own future. Ani wants to love and be loved. She enjoys feeling emotionally connected to people. She wants to help those who need help. Ani is caught between two cultures--The U .S. and Argentina--and she can't make up her mind. She knows which she would choose, but the choice frightens her. For the first time in her life, Ani is faced with real life and it overwhelms her. She falls in love with Padre Luis much against her will. The Forbidden part doesn't attract her. She just likes him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home