Different Flags by Eugenia Renskoff

Different Flags, a book by Eugenia Renskoff, tells the story of 26-year-old Ani. Ani leaves her comfortable but stifling life in San Francisco to travel to Argentina to comfort her widowed Aunt Esther. Once back in her native country, Ani must face her unexpected feelings of love for Padre Luis, her aunt's young and handsome parish priest. Different Flags is a study of Ani's inner conflict.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am a writer, translator and teacher of Spanish and English to foreign students. I have been writing since I was six. I love to express myself through words. I have also traveled widely.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The Opportunity Comes to Me

November 20, 1982: Last Saturday after Mass, a woman approached my aunt and me just as we were about to go home. She started talking about how much she liked Padre Luis and his "work" and how she enjoyed being a volunteer for the Legion de Maria. Then this woman (Bernarda) asked my Tia if she'd would like to join the group. No, thank tou. Bernarda then asked me. I looked at my Tia and she looked at me. I told Bernarda I needed time to think it over. This could be my chance! I'd get to know Padre Luis a little more and that might help me get over my feelings for him; maybe somebody in the Legion knows somebody who might be able to help my Tia, at least give her advice that nobody else has so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home