Different Flags by Eugenia Renskoff

Different Flags, a book by Eugenia Renskoff, tells the story of 26-year-old Ani. Ani leaves her comfortable but stifling life in San Francisco to travel to Argentina to comfort her widowed Aunt Esther. Once back in her native country, Ani must face her unexpected feelings of love for Padre Luis, her aunt's young and handsome parish priest. Different Flags is a study of Ani's inner conflict.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am a writer, translator and teacher of Spanish and English to foreign students. I have been writing since I was six. I love to express myself through words. I have also traveled widely.

Monday, February 21, 2005

Lawyer Time Again

November 15, 1982: We have to call the lawyer again. he probably won't be able to tell us anything we haven't already heard, but my Tia needs to feel that she'll be listened to by someone who knows more about the law than we do. She's so nervous these days that I don't know what to do to distract her! Matilde is taking advantage of the situation (and of my family's dollars). We need to have an idea what to do about this. How much is too much?
The secretary at the Colegio de Abogados said she'd give Dr. Canale my message. I can't wait for him to call us back. If he doesn't, we'll just have to go see him again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home