Different Flags by Eugenia Renskoff

Different Flags, a book by Eugenia Renskoff, tells the story of 26-year-old Ani. Ani leaves her comfortable but stifling life in San Francisco to travel to Argentina to comfort her widowed Aunt Esther. Once back in her native country, Ani must face her unexpected feelings of love for Padre Luis, her aunt's young and handsome parish priest. Different Flags is a study of Ani's inner conflict.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am a writer, translator and teacher of Spanish and English to foreign students. I have been writing since I was six. I love to express myself through words. I have also traveled widely.

Monday, February 14, 2005

San Vicente, Part Two

October 28, 1982: Yesterday we went for another walk around San Vicente. I was able to see more closely how the neighbors interacted with one another. There were people of all ages--young, not so young, kids--sitting by their front doors. The afternoon was sunny and warm and nobody seemed to be troubled about anything. My aunt and I stopped to chat with several of her neighbors. We had to promise to call on a few of them and we invited them to the house for cafe or a cup of tea. Who knows till when we'll be there! Matilde, the landlady, will probably not change her mind about letting my Tia stay a little longer--not even for old times sake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home