Different Flags by Eugenia Renskoff

Different Flags, a book by Eugenia Renskoff, tells the story of 26-year-old Ani. Ani leaves her comfortable but stifling life in San Francisco to travel to Argentina to comfort her widowed Aunt Esther. Once back in her native country, Ani must face her unexpected feelings of love for Padre Luis, her aunt's young and handsome parish priest. Different Flags is a study of Ani's inner conflict.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am a writer, translator and teacher of Spanish and English to foreign students. I have been writing since I was six. I love to express myself through words. I have also traveled widely.

Friday, May 13, 2005

Surprise Visit

May 30, 1983: I´ve known Elena all my life. She´s my uncle´s niece, his sister´s eldest daughter. They--that includes her--stopped calling after his funeral. Now she decided to visit us. It was after 5 when we were about to have our te con leche. More than anything else, she asked all about my life in Norte America, or Estados Unidos. That took up most of our conversation. What about my Tia? She needs her. Maybe I´m grasping at straws and anything would help. Can´t stop wondering how my Tia will manage, how we´ll manage with the housing and everything else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home