Different Flags by Eugenia Renskoff

Different Flags, a book by Eugenia Renskoff, tells the story of 26-year-old Ani. Ani leaves her comfortable but stifling life in San Francisco to travel to Argentina to comfort her widowed Aunt Esther. Once back in her native country, Ani must face her unexpected feelings of love for Padre Luis, her aunt's young and handsome parish priest. Different Flags is a study of Ani's inner conflict.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am a writer, translator and teacher of Spanish and English to foreign students. I have been writing since I was six. I love to express myself through words. I have also traveled widely.

Sunday, February 27, 2005

My Tia's Birthday

December 5, 1982: Today Teresa and I had a surprise for my aunt's birthday and she didn't suspect a thing. Our neighbor invited us over for a cup of cafe con leche, saying she wanted to ask me something about an English phrase. There waas a tray full of sandwiches, some danish and even a small cake with one candle. We kissed my Tia hard on the cheek and made a toast with our cups. She looked so happy!
While we were talking, Teresa mentioned Padre Luis. He always has a pre-Christmas celebration for his parishoners and, of course, we're invited. I can't wait to see him again! It'll also be my first "grown-up" Navidad in Argentina and my Aunt won't be alone.

1 Comments:

Blogger differentflags said...

I've been reading all your blogs on Different Flags and I think they're really amazing.... I'm always looking forward to knowing more and more about it! I think that you, Eugenia Renskoff, are a very good writer!! Grace Cavara

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home