Different Flags by Eugenia Renskoff

Different Flags, a book by Eugenia Renskoff, tells the story of 26-year-old Ani. Ani leaves her comfortable but stifling life in San Francisco to travel to Argentina to comfort her widowed Aunt Esther. Once back in her native country, Ani must face her unexpected feelings of love for Padre Luis, her aunt's young and handsome parish priest. Different Flags is a study of Ani's inner conflict.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am a writer, translator and teacher of Spanish and English to foreign students. I have been writing since I was six. I love to express myself through words. I have also traveled widely.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Right Time?

December 7, 1982: Is there ever a right time to know what you really want? Is there ever a right time to begin understandig yourself? Here I am, almost 27, and I still have so many unanswered questions. There are still so many things nobody can tell me nything about.I love my Tia, but she's got her own problems. I can't ask her to help me cope with what I feel for Padre Luis, for instance. All she'd say would be: He's good-looking, he's a priest and that there'd be a scandal if something actually came of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home