Different Flags by Eugenia Renskoff

Different Flags, a book by Eugenia Renskoff, tells the story of 26-year-old Ani. Ani leaves her comfortable but stifling life in San Francisco to travel to Argentina to comfort her widowed Aunt Esther. Once back in her native country, Ani must face her unexpected feelings of love for Padre Luis, her aunt's young and handsome parish priest. Different Flags is a study of Ani's inner conflict.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am a writer, translator and teacher of Spanish and English to foreign students. I have been writing since I was six. I love to express myself through words. I have also traveled widely.

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Defeat?

January 23, 1983: Does my Tia feel defeated by all this that's going on? Does she feel that things will not get any better? Sometimes when she looks at me that's the impression I get. And I don't know what to say. I have no idea what to tell her.
As for me, this week I'll start my church volunteer work. I don't mean praying with the legion de Maria people. I mean, the other church work, the one that helps people. I won't be boring (I hope) and I won't be one of them. Too late for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home