Different Flags by Eugenia Renskoff

Different Flags, a book by Eugenia Renskoff, tells the story of 26-year-old Ani. Ani leaves her comfortable but stifling life in San Francisco to travel to Argentina to comfort her widowed Aunt Esther. Once back in her native country, Ani must face her unexpected feelings of love for Padre Luis, her aunt's young and handsome parish priest. Different Flags is a study of Ani's inner conflict.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am a writer, translator and teacher of Spanish and English to foreign students. I have been writing since I was six. I love to express myself through words. I have also traveled widely.

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Tia

Even now, more than 17 years after her death, Ani still misses her Tia. She misses the touch of Tia's worn hands, the hands full of callusses, the hands that were always busy working, always doing something useful. Ani will always remember how soft those hands felt when they comforted her. They were there to understand life's difficulties and soften its blows. Tia's hands might as well have been as soft as silk, a lady of leisure's hands.
Tomorrow, December 5th, Tia would have been 90 years old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home