Different Flags by Eugenia Renskoff

Different Flags, a book by Eugenia Renskoff, tells the story of 26-year-old Ani. Ani leaves her comfortable but stifling life in San Francisco to travel to Argentina to comfort her widowed Aunt Esther. Once back in her native country, Ani must face her unexpected feelings of love for Padre Luis, her aunt's young and handsome parish priest. Different Flags is a study of Ani's inner conflict.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am a writer, translator and teacher of Spanish and English to foreign students. I have been writing since I was six. I love to express myself through words. I have also traveled widely.

Monday, February 28, 2005

Never-Ending

December 7, 1982: this morning my Tia told me that she finds her days to be never ending. Her hours just drag on and she has trouble sleeping at night. I asked her since when she's felt like this. "Ever since your uncle left me," she said."He didn't want to die. He wanted to stay here with me." Nobody can bring him back. What I can do is find something to distract her, to take her mind off things. The housing problem must be worrying her a lot, too. It has to at her age. I'll ask Teresa about church groups later today. The Legion de Maria wouldn't be quite right for my aunt because she'd have to walk a lot from one house to another. Besides, we pray a lot and my aunt wouldn't be up to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home