Different Flags by Eugenia Renskoff

Different Flags, a book by Eugenia Renskoff, tells the story of 26-year-old Ani. Ani leaves her comfortable but stifling life in San Francisco to travel to Argentina to comfort her widowed Aunt Esther. Once back in her native country, Ani must face her unexpected feelings of love for Padre Luis, her aunt's young and handsome parish priest. Different Flags is a study of Ani's inner conflict.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am a writer, translator and teacher of Spanish and English to foreign students. I have been writing since I was six. I love to express myself through words. I have also traveled widely.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Padre Luis Again!

December 15, 1982: Yesterday my Tia and I went to see Padre Luis again and I got that feeling. I couldn't even look at him while they talked. Just stared at the floor as if they were the most fascinating things I'd ever seen. I think that if Padre Luis were not what he is, even if he didn't waer that collar around his young neck, my feelings would still confuse me. I've never felt them before. Wish I had someone my own age (but with more experience) to talk about this. My aunt just isn't that person.
He can't be our voucher in case we rent another place, but he will go talk with Matilde. I'm glad of that, at least. Also glad we're looking for help wherever we can. That's a step forward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home