Different Flags by Eugenia Renskoff

Different Flags, a book by Eugenia Renskoff, tells the story of 26-year-old Ani. Ani leaves her comfortable but stifling life in San Francisco to travel to Argentina to comfort her widowed Aunt Esther. Once back in her native country, Ani must face her unexpected feelings of love for Padre Luis, her aunt's young and handsome parish priest. Different Flags is a study of Ani's inner conflict.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am a writer, translator and teacher of Spanish and English to foreign students. I have been writing since I was six. I love to express myself through words. I have also traveled widely.

Friday, March 04, 2005

Another Matilde Interview

December 17, 1982: I can't talk her out of it! My Tia insists on going to Matilde's to have another chat with her about the housing problem. I say to let Padre Luis handle it. He seems to be a savvy and practical person. When my mother's new check arrives, we'll have to spend most of the money on rent and that's not fair. It's not fair to my mother and it's not fair to my Tia. My mother worked hard for those dollars and my Tia's nerves are on edge.
I'll ask her if I can start putting up ads around the neighborhood advertising my services as an English teacher. There must be a big demand for that in Argentina. I can help my aunt and I'd feel more independent and grown-up. About time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home