Different Flags by Eugenia Renskoff

Different Flags, a book by Eugenia Renskoff, tells the story of 26-year-old Ani. Ani leaves her comfortable but stifling life in San Francisco to travel to Argentina to comfort her widowed Aunt Esther. Once back in her native country, Ani must face her unexpected feelings of love for Padre Luis, her aunt's young and handsome parish priest. Different Flags is a study of Ani's inner conflict.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am a writer, translator and teacher of Spanish and English to foreign students. I have been writing since I was six. I love to express myself through words. I have also traveled widely.

Thursday, March 03, 2005

An old lady?

December 15, 1982: It is beginning to be so hot here! This is the type of weather I like! The sun on my skin makes me feel young, not like an old lady of 94. When I was living in San Francisco, I shivered most of the time. The weather (inside me and outside) was grey and dismal. It's not like that here. We have problems--Big Problems--but I can fight them better because the weather here is better. Sounds strange or funny (I don't exactly know which), but it's true. Weather does affect people. It affects me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home