Different Flags by Eugenia Renskoff

Different Flags, a book by Eugenia Renskoff, tells the story of 26-year-old Ani. Ani leaves her comfortable but stifling life in San Francisco to travel to Argentina to comfort her widowed Aunt Esther. Once back in her native country, Ani must face her unexpected feelings of love for Padre Luis, her aunt's young and handsome parish priest. Different Flags is a study of Ani's inner conflict.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York, United States

I am a writer, translator and teacher of Spanish and English to foreign students. I have been writing since I was six. I love to express myself through words. I have also traveled widely.

Friday, March 04, 2005

Butterflies

December 17, 1982: I have the butterflies in my stomach feeling even when I just think about Padre Luis. What is it that draws me to him? What's the big attraction? He's almost my own age. Before I used to like men at least 10 years older than I am. But that can't be everything. He's tall, but not too tall. He's not fat and he's not thin, either. He's got fair skin, wavy brown hair and his eyes are between grey and blue. The thing I like best is his smile. It just wrinkles up his eyes and makes him look like a nice but mischievous little boy. No, he's definitely not boring. And I wouldn't call him a phony. Some people are. Never liked that at all. You can't trust phonies.
I'll keep on analyzing myself tomorrow. Now it's time to brace myself for the Matilde meeting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home